Don’t Use Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail for Business Emails




I receive a dozen of emails like this one every week (I substituted the real name with “John Doe” for privacy reasons):
Hi There,
My name is John Doe, and I am the owner of a web design and development agency. We would like to promote our client’s services on your blog by purchasing a banner.
Please get back to me with rates and availability and we’ll discuss.
The fact that the person didn’t perform 5 minutes of research to find out my name and use it in the email doesn’t help, but it doesn’t close the deal right there. The rest of the email looks fine. But there was one thing that made me trash the email on the spot: the sender address. It was something like johnny772@hotmail.com.
I mean, the guy owns a web design and development agency and is using a Hotmail account? Nothing against Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo and the like, as I have email accounts on all those services, but on a business communication like the one above using such services sounds fishy.
First of all it makes me wonder if the guy really owns a web design agency in the first place. In the case he does, he must have a website/domain, so how come he is not using it to send the email? Is there anything to hide?
Not surprisingly, when I did ignore those warning signals in the past and replied to the person using a free email account the results weren’t that good. Most of the time I end up not closing the deal.
That’s why these days I tend to trash immediately those business emails that come from free email services. Don’t get me wrong, if you are writing to ask me a question, to offer a guest post or simply to share a link with me I don’t care what email service you are using, and I’ll reply to you if appropriate. The ones I trash are business emails, so someone trying to make a partnership with me, or trying to buy/sell something.
Bottom line: Are you going to send a business email? Make sure to use your own domain name for that.
This is a guest post by Daniel Scocco. You can read more from him at dailyblogtips.com


Responses

10 Respones to "Don’t Use Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail for Business Emails"

Matthew said...

If you are using an email account provided by your Internet services provider, what happens should you need to switch providers? What if the provider becomes acquired and you are forced to change your email address? Suddenly, your current and prospective clients are unable to reach you. In addition, you have the high cost of reprinting business cards, letterhead, and other literature. Then there is the daunting task of changing your information anywhere your company appears online such as directories and social media sites -- and don't forget all those user accounts you'll need to update so you don't miss a crucial notification.

email rendering


October 11, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Auto responder setup said...

We are great email marketing resource, and it is very simple to use and comes with intuitive user interface.

Auto responder setup


October 21, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Unknown said...

I really learn a lot through this 5 star post! Great Job!

Hotmail Support


November 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM
Dentist Seo said...

The rest of the email looks fine. But there was one thing that made me trash the email on the spot: the sender address. Dentist Seo


January 4, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Customer Care Phone Number said...

Nice post! Glad that you like their service. I believe that treating the customer so politely makes them so comfortable with your services. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Keep posting.


July 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM
Unknown said...

Im very impressed on your blog because your blog words is very impressiveness for business growths so thanks a lot for sharing this


July 2, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Unknown said...

I have seen the website suggested by customer care contact number ie. http://customercaresupportnumber.com/.I felt that the info given in this website will definitely cater the needs of people who want to have the details of customer care contact numbers of various USA,UK and CANADA companies.


July 5, 2013 at 2:26 AM
hotmail Customer support said...

Super helpful post. Thank you,


July 25, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Hotmail Customer Care Support Number of USA,UK and CANADA said...

really it was very nice blog.Now Hotmail is Very advanced features for Hotmail users it was very good in customer Service .Thanks for sharing the information.


September 7, 2013 at 4:32 AM
Unknown said...

Hey,

Thanks for the tip, it works perfectly for me!!

Visit More Info :- Hotmail Technical Support

Thanks
Alex Gold


November 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM
 

Followers

Links

Blog Promotion, Promote Your Blog
Submit Blog, Blog Directory Submission
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers Web Design Blogs
blog directory
Online Marketing
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors