How To Keep New Content Flowing On To Your Blog




As all bloggers know, the initial setting up of the website is just the beginning. Unlike static websites where information remains the same for many months at a time, blogs (especially newly established blogs) need to be updated frequently to remain or start ranking in search engines. Chances are, most of us who run blogs to make money have more than one project on our hands, and therefore, may not have time to update it daily.
Wake Up Early
One of the techniques I personally use is to wake up early. On a normal day, I will wake up at 5:00 AM and go to the gym to work out. Going to the gym gives me time to think about what I want to write about while getting my blood moving at the same time. By 6:00, I am ready to go home and start blogging for the day… My process usually starts with browsing blogs that are in my same niche. If I am going to write on my technology blog, I will spend 10-20 minutes browsing other technology blogs for inspiration. After I figure out two or three topics I want to write about, I jot them down on my whiteboard, along with a few key points I want to talk about. After I write about 2-3 posts, I will then continue on to my next project, whether it be a web design client, another blog, etc.
Schedule Posts
If you’re the type of person who works during the weekdays, but has off on the weekends (such as a school teacher), then it may be hard for you to update your blog during the week. What’s good for you is that WordPress (and other blogging software) will allow you to schedule posts. This will allow you to write ten articles over the weekend and schedule each one to automatically post itself on a certain day and time. This won’t work for news blogs that need to be updated as soon as the news breaks, but for things like how-to blogs and editorials, it will work perfectly.
Invite Guest Bloggers
Every blogger out there (that is, the ones who are ambitious) is always looking for a blog to guest write on. If you are having troubles being able to write the content on your own, invite guest bloggers to submit articles for free. Also allow them to include one backlink that will go to their own blog. This not only helps build you free content, but it helps the guest blogger build backlinks.
Hire a Writer
If you can’t seem to attract guest bloggers, there is always the option of paying somebody to write content for you. There are many “professional bloggers” out there that are looking for freelance writing tasks, but you could also hire a teenager looking for a job. The advantages of hiring a teenager are that they are willing to work, familiar with technology, and work significantly cheaper than a freelance writer. A good wage is about $4-5 per blog post, depending on the length and quality of the work.
Rethink Your Topic
If you can’t find the time to write on your blog, is it because you truly don’t have time or is it because the topic is boring? Although topics like financial and medical blogs will make more money, they don’t do you any good if they aren’t updated frequently. If your topic is too boring to write articles for, it may be time to make a blog about something you are actually interested in.
Sell Your Blog
If you don’t go with any of the options listed above, I would suggest selling your blog altogether. I first started blogging in 2010 and started a technology blog on Blogger. It was the first blog I had ever started and its beginning days were quite lame… Posts were short, my blog name and domain were terrible, and I didn’t really understand SEO. After about two years of practice, I moved the blog over to a self-hosted WordPress server. I realized that with the crappy posts from my beginning days and my domain name not being so great, that I should start a brand new blog. I was able to get $800 for the blog on the Flippa Marketplace for what I like to call my “sandbox blog.”
If you are unhappy with your current topic and your blog is in a format that you can sell and transfer to somebody else, I say list it on Flippa and see what you get for it. Then, use those profits to fund a blog you are actually interested in. For example, after I sold my first blog for $800, I invested $200 of that into finding a good, aged domain name that will work perfectly for the blog I had in mind.
Ian Eberle is the editor at his blog Omega Web. Head on over to his site to read more blogging tips, web design tips, tutorials, gain access to exclusive downloads, and more.


Responses

7 Respones to "How To Keep New Content Flowing On To Your Blog"

Brenda said...

Hi,

Nice post, the other thing you can use some ready RSS feeds and integrate it with your website. Wordpress has very easy module, so your website or blog will update regularly with new fresh content but its a copy of other website.

If you are not technical then hire website developers sydney who can help you in creating a custom CMS website through which you can easily modify your website content.

Regards,
Brenda.


June 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM
Sarah said...

For awhile I thought about selling my personal blogs. Scheduling posts ahead of time helps me stay on track now. It find it easier to write a few at once rather than try to find time to post more often.


July 5, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Web design Woking said...

Some of our website clients hire writers or invite guess bloggers to keep new content on their blogs.


August 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM
digital media agency said...

Its excellent. Keep it up. Good informative Blog...
You can also find interesting stuff here.


August 27, 2012 at 10:43 PM
j2ee courses said...

Quite helpful article. Always use useful and unique content. Do not use heavy and large content. Because the search engine spider will not crawl the huge images and the content.


December 17, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Best Cloud Backup said...

Content plays key role in web design. One should give the attention while writing the content. It should be catchy and
unique so more and more visitor will come to know about your site.


February 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM
end user experience monitoring tools said...

The whole process is quite interesting. Before reading this post I wasn't much familiar with the entire process as I have just heard a little about it. You have explained it nicely. Thanks for sharing !


July 3, 2013 at 5:21 AM
 

Followers

Links

Blog Promotion, Promote Your Blog
Submit Blog, Blog Directory Submission
Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers Web Design Blogs
blog directory
Online Marketing
Return to top of page Copyright © 2010 | Platinum Theme Converted into Blogger Template by HackTutors