Search Engine Optimization or SEO as it is called is the most popular means to increase online marketing and improve business. The best way to direct traffic to your website is through meaningful SEO content that needs to be catchy, precise and relevant.
Though it costs quite a bit of money to divert traffic the SEO way, there are several tricks in the trade, following which you can increase the flow of traffic towards your website. The great thing is that there are several ways to increase web traffic free of charge. Let’s take a look at how greatly you can increase traffic and subsequently increase your presence and business online.
- The first thing you need to do is to design a website that is attractive, and it is important that the website needs to be user-friendly and easily navigable. Ensure that the navigation to various pages is quick and easy. Once you have this in position, you also need to make the website search-engine friendly. Contact various popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, MSN, etc and ensure that your website is listed, as this helps improve page rankings. Use appropriate keywords in the content, and correct html tags to enable search engine algorithms to classify your website accordingly.
- You are bound to have affiliates in your online marketing endeavor. As they work in tandem, it pays to give due coverage to the directories the affiliates are associated with. This increases free traffic and improves business on a mutual basis. It’s not just affiliates, you can have links that lead to other websites who are not your direct competitors. It is a great idea to exchange notes and ideas with other site owners and maintain a healthy relationship. This helps you keep abreast of the latest happenings.
- Forums are the hottest spots where there is a lot of activity. People discuss hot topics and you will be able to pick up a thread that leads to more traffic and business. There are a lot of questions posted on forums and if you are informed enough to have the answers, you get noticed immediately. While answering any of the questions, you can leave behind a link and expect traffic following you without a fail.
- Similarly there’s a whole lot of people blogging on the web. You can easily locate current blogs on topics related to your site and business. Sharing views and ideas with like-minded people by leaving meaningful comments at the appropriate blog sites will certainly increase traffic. Your comment needs to be approved and get accepted after which it will remain permanently on the site.
- Perfect the art of creating good content. Use appropriate keywords at strategic places and have the keywords well-distributed. The very idea behind a keyword is that people initiate searches based on regularly used words. When such words perfectly fit into the content to make sense, the link is established and regular traffic is ensured.
There are several classified advertisement sites that offer to post your advertisements free of charge. The sites like craigslist, freeadvertisingforum, gumtree and adgridwork offer free services that you should take advantage of.
You could also join the free safe-lists where people have agreed to send and receive emails even if they are promotional in nature. There is no threat of being targeted as a spammer as people featuring in the list have voluntarily agreed to receive emails.
Ryan Larkin is a freelance writer who writes about Technology, Social Media, SEO, Etc. Currently writing for www.broadbandproviders.com - the leading provider of best value broadband internet.Label: SEO, Traffic, Web